|Board Report - November 2010|
I. Appointed Penn Cambria School District Tax Office as Earned Income Tax Collector of Penn Cambria School District for 2011.
II. Appointed Sandra L. Evans, Primary Voting Delegate and Mary Beth Whited, Alternate Voting Delegate to Act 32 EIT Tax Collection Committee for 2011.
III. Approved the Superintendent’s recommendations as follows:
A. APPROVED THE FOLLOWING PERSONNEL ACTIONS
1. approve resignation
· Ms. Rebecca Passanita, Pre-K Counts Teaching Assistant, effective November 12, 2010.
2. APPROVE Appointments
· Mr. Dominic Ricupero, 9th Grade Assistant Football Coach, commencing 2011-2012 season. Stipend $2700 per PCEA agreement.
· Mr. Jeffrey Eckenrode, from part-time Custodian, to full-time position at PC Primary, effective 11/17/2010. Salary and benefits per PCESPA agreement.
· Mr. Charles Krotendofer, from part time Van Driver to fulltime grounds-keeper, effective 11/17/2010. Salary and benefits per PCESPA agreement.
· Additional substitute Aides:
o Ms. Sherry Agosta, Lilly
o Ms. Tracy Trybus, Lilly
· Substitute Food Service Workers:
o Ms. Bonnie Kos, Ashville
o Ms. Mary Anne Rose, Gallitzin
o Ms. Rebecca Stiles, Cresson
o Ms. Carolyn Plewa, Cresson
· Approve Bus Driver
o Mr. Philip Shall, Ebensburg
· Additional Substitute Teachers:
o Ms. Cynthia Acker, Cresson, Instructional I, Elementary/Reading Specialist
o Ms. Stephanie Griffin*, Cresson, Instructional I, Social Studies
o Ms. Angela Kunrod*, Johnstown, Instructional I, Elementary
o Ms. Deborah Abreu, Duncansville, IU08 EP
o Ms. Jayne Chirdon, Ashville, IU08 EP
o Ms. Lisa Holsinger, Altoona, IU08 EP
o Ms. Mary Letterman-Creany, Ebensburg, IU08 EP
o Mr. Thomas Minana, Johnstown, IU08 EP
o Mr. Michael Pray, Altoona, IU08 EP
o Ms. Amanda Tercek, Hollsopple, IU08 EP
*Pending graduation & completion of paperwork
3. REMOVE THE FOLLOWING SUBSTITUTES
· Ms. Pennie Wyland, Substitute Aide
· Ms. Anna Shrift, Substitute Teacher
· Ms. Therese Perino, Substitute Food Service Worker
· Ms. Danette Madonna, Substitute Food Service Worker
· Ms. Nancy Eberhart, Substitute Food Service Worker
· Ms. Mary Reese, Substitute Food Service Worker
· Ms. Susan Rummell, Substitute Food Service Worker
· Ms. Ramona Laskowsky, Substitute Food Service Worker
4. APPROVE FMLA
· Ms. Natalie Prosser, food service, additional FMLA inclusive of paid leave options, 10/19/2010 through 11/19/2010.
5. APPROVE MATERNITY LEAVE
· Ms. Jennifer Barron, on or about November 30, 2010, through
6. APPROVE OUT-OF-STATE TRIP
· Senior Class Trip to Cedar Point in May 2011, at no cost to the district.
Mrs. Pacifico, Elementary Principal, reported to the Board on recent and planned activities and programs.
Spotlight on Student Achievement
· The following students made the Cambria All County Band: Brittany Booker, Tyler Condon, Faith Dollar, Nathan Gates, Joshua Hayes, Brittany Hufford, Abby Kelly, Monica Lee, Shawna Ramsey, Taylor Ronan, Courtney Ruckinger, Jeremy Scott, and Arlee Simendinger. The County Band Concert will be held at Forest Hills Middle School on Friday, December 3 at 7:00pm.
· Congratulations to Tyler Elliot, Arlene Ivory, Bradley Petyak and Kayla Uveges for being selected to PMEA District 6 Chorus.
· Congratulations to Victoria Acker, Samantha Billy, Ian Brumbaugh, Rob Cox, Kayla Davis, Taylor Doughty, Chris Karabinos, Abby Kelly, Caraline Krug, Jaden Laino, Stefanie Madonna, Crystal Martino, Emily Matthews, Taylor Nileski, Kirk Ratchford, Courtney Ruckinger, Jeremy Scott, Alyssa Seaman, Francis Sibis, Michelle Smithbauer, Brandon States, Samantha Stevens, Renee Surma, Hannah Westin, Sarah Westin, Casey Williams and Olivia Wirfel for making the 2010 Cambria County Chorus.
· Girls’ Volleyball Team – Laurel Highlands and District 6 Champions.
Information: Reorganization Meeting to be held Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM in the high school library to elect a president, elect a vice-president, appoint a solicitor, designate time and place for committee and regular monthly meetings for 2011 and to conduct any other business to come before the Board as this is the only meeting in December.